08 November 2010

HALLOW-GIVING and THANKS-OWEEN

We've been having lots of fun this fall! We had four different rounds of pumpkin carving - with Phil's mom, my cousins, Young Men/Young Women, and our friends, the Hansen's! Phil paid tribute to his childhood pet duck Pong, and I made a fisherman/fish-in-a-pond scene. Then at the Hansen's Phil carved "And Nerdy" on his white pumpkin, and I carved out a train...which collapsed in like a day. My bad.
With the YM/YW...

HOW CUTE ARE THESE GIRLS?!?!?
Let's just say we're lucky this was the only injury!
 This was our practice run for my family's carving competition - we decided to turn the whole pumpkin into a car!
Complete with detailing, windshield wipers, license plate, steering wheel, rims, the works!
Phil's. Cute. 
 This is our tree in our front yard!! SO GORGEOUS!
 The end result at the family competition. Didn't even place. Ridiculous.
 These were my original fall decorations. I felt like it was looking pretty wimpy, so I made a stop at, where else?
D.I.
 Fifteen dollars later.


 I LOVE FALL.

Just you wait, Christmas, your turn is coming soon.

3 comments:

  1. if your car didn't place in the family pumpkin carving, then who did? that was awesome looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... Emily next year I need pumpkin carving lessons. I'm in serious need of help in that department! Yours look fabulous! Love the decorations too.

    P.S. We need to do something over Thanksgiving break. It's been too long!

    ReplyDelete