23 March 2011

WHEN NO ONE'S AROUND...

Once a month our office has a training meeting. Or just a "meeting". The owners buy us lunch (today was Cafe Rio, please and thank you)
and we talk about how the office is going and how we can improve. Then we always have some sort of challenge or competition, and the winner gets $50. CASH.
This week we had three competitions and three winners.
My odds were looking good.
First competition is to identify movies from famous lines. I thought I had it in the bag, until I realized most of the movies were older movies, and almost half of them I'd never seen (ie Scarface, Dirty Harry, Gone with the Wind (yes girls, I know that I have to see that one), Godfather)...so big disadvantage. But I was the only one who guessed "Carpe Diem: seize the day, boys"
Then we played a few rounds of "Would You Rather?" and had to guess that other people would choose.

 Didn't win. One more chance.
Third competition was a paper airplane throwing contest.
Yes.
This is how the people in the dental office spends their time when no one's around.
It was ridiculously funny. Us girls struggled a little bit, and of course it was Dr. Brown, the one Boy Scout in the group who took the cash.
I haven't won ONE of these stupid contests in the six months I've worked there!
Maybe next time. Until then, it's free lunch.
Can't complain!

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I'm glad you have such a good place to work at now. Sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete